Effective Date: December 19th, 2019
IF A USER OF THIS SITE REQUIRES A REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION WITH RESPECT TO ITS USE THEY MAY CONTACT THE SITE OPERATOR AT firstname.lastname@example.org.
DEALER TIRE AND DEALERSHIP MAY COLLECT, ANALYZE, USE, AND/OR DISCLOSE INFORMATION PROVIDED BY YOU WHEN USING THIS SITE IN ONE OR MORE OF THE WAYS DISCUSSED BELOW. CERTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS DISCLOSED BY YOU AND COLLECTED HEREUNDER MAY ALSO BE DISCLOSED TO THIRD PARTIES IN ORDER TO FACILITATE AND IMPROVE THE OPERATION OF THE SITE AND TO FULFILL ITS INTENDED PURPOSES (E.G., THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS, , BRANDED SPONSORS, AND THEIR AFFILIATED DEALERSHIPS). BY USING THIS SITE YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO SUCH COLLECTION, DISCLOSURE AND USE.
1. What Information is Collected? Dealer Tire collects and analyzes information obtained from or about users of the Site in various forms and methods. By electing to interact with the Site and request certain products or services, You may be asked to provide Personal Information about Yourself to Dealer Tire. "Personal information" is information that would allow someone to identify or contact You. The information collected by Dealer Tire includes, but is not limited to the following categories of Personal Information:
- Identifiers and Contact Information. You may be asked to provide Your name, address, telephone number, email address, and credit card information. In some instances Dealer Tire will also collect information relating to Your vehicle and its components (e.g. VIN and/or license plate number), and Your driving habits, which may or may not be considered Personal Information.
- User Profile and Usage Behavior Information. Dealer Tire may collect and store information related to Your user profile and Site usage behavior in order to operate the Site and enable You to have a personalized experience on the Site. Such information includes, without limitation, Your user name, password, password reminder questions and answers, interests, communication preferences, correspondence that You send to Dealer Tire, and navigation data such as web pages and advertisements You view and links you click on within the Site.
- Aggregate or Demographic Information. Dealer Tire may collect and analyze aggregate data assembled from information collected via the Site. Aggregate information is collected in order to better understand the demographics and usage patterns of all users of the Site, so that the highest level of service can be provided. Such aggregate data is not generally personally identifiable or linked to a specific user.
- Technical Information. Servers hosting the Site may automatically collect certain technical information about Your use of the Site, including, without limitation Your, browser type, operating systems, unique identifiers, mobile device identification numbers, bandwidth speed, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies. This may also include collecting and logging IP addresses. IP addresses may be collected for system administration, security and statistical analysis. An IP address is a number that is assigned to a computer whenever it is communicating over the Internet. Dealer Tire and its internet service provider (“ISP”) may log these IP addresses and analyze them to understand where requests originate.
2. How the Information Is Used. Dealer Tire may use Your information, (including Personal Information) when performing certain services as a service provider for Dealership. For example, Dealer Tire may use Your Personal Information to perform functions necessary to process orders of products and services between You and Dealership or to maintain a record of customer contacts for the Dealership and/or Branded Sponsor. In some cases, Dealer Tire uses Your Identifiers and Contact Information to provide information to You, such as personalized email communications or customized aspects of the Site. Your Personal Information may also be used as necessary to comply with applicable laws.
Your Identifiers and Contact Information, coupled with Your User Profile and Usage Behavior Information, may also be used to deliver advertising and to provide You with promotional offers.
Comments, suggestions or materials sent or transmitted via the Site shall be deemed to be non-confidential and not subject to any restrictions. Dealer Tire shall have no obligation of any kind with respect to such comments, suggestions or materials and shall be free to use and distribute them to others without limitation, including, but not limited to developing and marketing products incorporating them or improving the Site.
3. Where and When Information Is Disclosed. Dealer Tire may provide Your information (including Personal Information) to various third parties. These third parties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Authorized Third-Party Service Providers. In certain circumstances, Dealer Tire may share Your information (including Personal Information) with third parties who provide services to or for Dealer Tire in order to enable Dealer Tire and/or Dealership/Branded Sponsor to market and provide services to users of the Site, to operate the Site, or to enhance the functionality available to You on the Site.
- Dealership(s) and Branded Sponsors. Dealer Tire may share your information (including Personal Information) with Dealership(s) and/or Branded Sponsors on behalf of whom the Site is operated or from which You are offered and/or request a service or feature through use of the Site. Some examples include an order placed for the purchase and installation of tires from Dealership or participation in a promotion.
- Governmental Authorities. Dealer Tire may disclose information about its users, including contact information, to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, and other law enforcement measures, and to comply with other legal obligations, such as OFAC, FCC, NHTSA, and DOT requirements.
- Third Parties Involved in a Business Transfer. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary set forth herein, in connection with an assignment, sale, combination, merger, acquisition, joint venture or other transfer or disposition of some or all of the assets of Dealer Tire, Dealership, Branded Sponsor, or its affiliated entities, You agree that such entities can accordingly assign, sell, license or transfer any information, including Personal Information, that You have provided through this Site, to those third parties directly involved in the transfer or disposition of such assets.
Some of these third parties are members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI"), which offers a single location to opt out of receiving tailored ads from member companies. To opt out of information collection by NAI member companies, or to obtain information about the technologies they use or their own privacy policies, please visit the NAI consumer opt out page. Also, through the Digital Advertising Alliance ("DAA"), several media and marketing associations have developed an industry self-regulatory program to give consumers a better understanding of and greater control over ads that are customized based on their online behavior across different web sites. Dealer Tire is committed to complying with the Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. To learn more and make choices about interest-based ads from participating third parties, please visit the DAA consumer opt out page. Please note that if You choose to opt out of having Your information used to deliver advertisements tailored to Your interests, You will continue to see advertisements on the Site, but these advertisements may not be as relevant to You.
4. Cookies and Web Beacons. Dealer Tire may use a feature of Your web browser called a "cookie" to assign an identification number that automatically identifies Your computer or device when You visit the Site. In connection with Your use of the Site, cookies may be used for various purposes, including, without limitation (a) to store Your username, password and viewing options, allowing You to log into the Site more conveniently; (b) to help Dealer Tire customize the content and advertisements You are shown while visiting the Site and potentially other web sites online; and (c) to enable Dealer Tire to produce traffic volume statistics that can be helpful in understanding online traffic, thus enabling Dealer Tire to enhance its users online experience. The Site may also allow third parties to place their own cookies within Your browser in order to serve You with relevant advertising online. Please note that Dealer Tire can only access cookies that Dealer Tire sets on Your browser, not the cookies sent to You by third parties. You have the choice to set your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify You when a cookie is set. It is up to You whether to allow Dealer Tire or third parties to send You cookies, but if You block cookies, You may not be able to view or access some or all of the Site.
YOUR USE OF BROWSER SETTINGS TO ACCEPT AND/OR DISABLE COOKIES CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE BY YOU OF THE WAY COOKIES ARE DELIVERED THROUGH THIS SITE. DEALER TIRE IS FIRMLY COMMITTED TO PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY.
Dealer Tire also uses web beacons to improve Your experience on the Site, including to provide You with content customized to Your interests and to understand whether users read email messages and click on links contained within those messages so that the Site can deliver relevant content. Dealer Tire’s web beacons may collect some contact information (for example, the email address associated with an email message that contains a web beacon). The Site also may include third-party web beacons so that these third parties may receive auditing, research, and reporting information about advertisements viewed on the Site.
Cookies, clear GIFs, and other similar technology are used to enhance Your experience on the Site, monitor individual activity in the aggregate to improve the Site, and provide a better web experience for the viewing public in general. In addition, embedded graphic, text, or script files may be used on the Site so that usage can be tracked for targeted advertising purposes. This tracking technology may be served and monitored from Dealer Tire or authorized third party servers. Dealer Tire and/or the third parties may aggregate, publish, distribute, and otherwise use the information regarding usage of the Site, however, this information is not tied to Personal Information.
5. Mobile Devices. When accessing the Site with your mobile device, Dealer Tire may receive information about Your location and the mobile device You are using. Mobile devices contain unique identifiers that can be used, for example, to identify the physical location of such devices. Mobile devices also typically transmit caller ID data when used to transmit a telephone call or text message. The Site may collect, use, transmit, process and maintain unique identifiers, caller ID data, location-based data, and similar information when You rely on mobile devices, including to provide the services You request and improve Your experience on the Site. The Site also may require collection of Your mobile phone number in order for You to participate in certain services or features and that number may be associated with such information. Dealer Tire will not collect precise geolocation of Your mobile device without first obtaining your consent. Even after you provide consent, You are permitted to disable these location services. Contact the device manufacturer for additional details.
6. Electronic Security. While Dealer Tire works hard to protect the security of Your Personal Information by using physical, electronic and managerial procedures as required by law and as deemed reasonable to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the Personal Information collected, Dealer Tire cannot guarantee the security of any information disclosed by You on or through the Site beyond that which is required of us by law. Neither Dealer Tire, nor Dealership/Branded Sponsor make any warranty or representation to You regarding the security of the Site, or the privacy of any information You transmit on the Site or between this Site and any third party website. By submitting Personal Information to or through the Site You are doing so AT YOUR OWN RISK.
7. Privacy Protections for Children. No part of the Site is designed or directed to children. To provide personal information through the Site you must be at least eighteen (18) years of age. This Site does not intentionally collect personal information from any minor or other person under age thirteen (13).
8. Opt-Out. If You object to the disclosure or use of Your Personal Information you can always choose not to provide Your Personal Information through this Site and may also contact Dealer Tire at the address identified herein to opt-out of any future marketing or other communications by Dealer Tire using Your Personal Information that may have otherwise been disclosed through use of the Site. Please refer to the Dealership and/or Branded Sponsor website’ privacy policies with respect to your opt-out rights in respect to information obtained and/or shared by Dealer Tire as a service provider to such entity(s). You acknowledge that if You do not allow the utilization of Your information, certain information and services may not be available to You.
If You are a resident of the State of California, You have the right in certain circumstances to opt-out (which we may sometimes refer to as "unsubscribe") of the use of Your Personal Information by third parties (such as advertisers) for marketing purposes. If You are a California resident and wish to request information about how to exercise Your third party disclosure choices, please send a request by email to email@example.com. Or by postal mail to: 7012 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44103, Attn: Privacy Officer.
All requests must be labeled "California Shine the Light" on the email subject line or envelope or post card. For all requests, please clearly state that the request is related to "California Shine the Light," include Your name, street address, city, state, zip code and e-mail address (Your street address is optional if You wish to receive a response to Your request via email) and indicate Your preference on how the response to Your request should be sent (email or postal mail). Dealer Tire will not accept requests via the telephone or by facsimile. Dealer Tire is not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information. Dealer Tire is not responsible for “Shine the Light” obligations where acting solely in the capacity as a service provider to a third party in a business transaction or in respect to a third party website that may link to this Site. Please see the linked website’s privacy policies for more details on your rights thereunder.
9. Additional Privacy Rights including Your California Privacy Rights. Dealer Tire acts as a service provider to the Dealership(s) identified by this Site in respect to the collection and processing of Your Personal Information through this Site. Depending on Your state of residence, You may have the legal right to access your Personal Information collected, stored, and/or processed through this Site. You also may have the right to request that the Dealership delete Your Personal Information. You have the right to make these requests Yourself or, to the extent permitted by applicable law designate an authorized agent to submit an access or deletion request on Your behalf. If You use an authorized agent to submit such a request, You may be required to: (A) Provide the authorized agent written permission to act on Your behalf; and (B) Verify Your own identity before Your request can be honored. Dealer Tire, Dealership, and Branded Sponsors recognize the importance of giving You control over your Personal Information, and so have extended certain access and deletion rights to all users of this Site regardless of state of residence. In order to exercise Your available rights of access and deletion, You or Your authorized agent will need to contact the Dealership directly. You will know which Dealership is applicable to your particular interaction with this Site because its name will be featured prominently on pages within the Site and in most cases will be the originating website linking You to this Site. If You need help identifying the appropriate Dealership to which You should direct your inquiry, Dealer Tire will attempt to assist.
10. California Transparency in Supply Chains Act of 2010 (CTSCA) (where applicable). In compliance with the disclosure requirements of the CTSA, where applicable, Dealer Tire and its affiliated business entities state that the company does not have a policy regarding, and does not monitor human trafficking and slavery in its direct product supply chain. This notification is responsive to Section 1714.43 of the California Civil Code, Section 3, Paragraph D, subparagraph b.
Dealer Tire, LLC
7012 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, Ohio 44103
Attn: Privacy Officer